Thursday, October 14, 2004

Common Potatoes.

Ducks are funny. They waddle. They quack. They have two legs with webbed feet. There are few things that make me happier than seeing a duck upside down in the water. Cat's are funny too, but in a different way. Actually, I don't know why cat's are funny. Somewhere along the way, Andrew made them funny for me.





Roaches are not funny. I hate to be one of those girly girls who can't handle killing insects on her own, but I suppose I am. Late last night, long after Jeremy fell asleep, I went into the kitchen to get some water. Then I saw him. Not Jeremy, a roach. My desire to ingore him and not have to kill him myself was strong, but my desire to not have a roach in my kitchen was even stronger. I grabbed some roach spray and did my thing. I was completely terrified, I squealed the whole time, but I did it. Then the worst part: picking it up. Glugch. (That was his name.) I grabbed a bunch of napkins, picked him up and dumped him in the trashcan. Then I went to bed and for ten minutes had the creeping suspicion that a roach was going to crawl up my leg. Well, I know I was pretty girly about it, but I killed that roach. I'm not girly about lizards and spiders, so there! (I've decided to end all my blogs with "so there." So there!)

9 comments:

Amy Butler said...

Great fun! We have one of those scroll things on the top of our mouse, so when I scroll down my blog, and quickly scroll back up to the picture of the duck, the mouse makes a duck sound! QUACK!

DREW! said...

This idea you had after you killed Glugch, that a roach was going to crawl up your leg when you were in bed is pretty common. If you're like me, any time you kill some sort of creeping insect you start to imagine the bizarre practices and rituals of that insect civilization and you start to think, those bugs are coming to avenge his death! They are going to attack while I sleep! Many a night have I stayed awake, perched atop a chair in the corner of the room armed with a can of roach spray and a yellow, plastic, baseball bat, waiting... staying ever vigilant...

Jeremy said...

CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!

(man, you knew I had to do it. i'm weak, what can i say?)

Amy Butler said...

Funny you mention this. I really do think about that whenever I kill an insect. Is it genetic?

The Wrathful Buddha said...

It's not genetics, I think the same thing...Oh wait I am related, nevermind

The Wrathful Buddha said...

Hang on, why is this post titled "Common Potatoes"!?!
Do you make mashed potatoes on the same counter that nightly covered roaches and bug spray?

Amy Butler said...

Ewwww. No. "Common Potatoes" is a misheard song lyric from a Coldplay song. It just makes me laugh, is all.

The Wrathful Buddha said...

Charlotte is a pretty efficiant roach killer.

DREW! said...

You're right. Charlotte terminates roaches with extreme predjudice.