Monday, November 03, 2003

Mmm....raw chicken.

For all that is good and holy, do not eat at the Sonic in Lindale, Texas. I had quite a horrific experience there yesterday. "Perhaps you would like to hear the tale?"

Jeremy and I were hanging out with Sara and Gus in their new house in Lindale. I had this really nasty headache-- so Sara sweetly offered to go get us some food. I told her to get me a grilled chicken sandwich. When she got back, I looked at the chicken first b/c I have had a few not so good grilled chicken sandwiches from Sonic- and sure enough it was this yucky looking shriveled up piece of chicken. I took a bite and couldn't even chew it. I was frustrated-- and Jeremy offered to take it back for me. Jeremy said "what do you want?" And I said "I don't care-- anything but grilled chicken." So, sweet little Jeremy goes back to Sonic and orders me a chicken strip wrap. I was excited about this b/c it wasn't grilled and it looked really good. I take a bite, and before chewing that bite, I looked down at my wrap--- and part of the chicken WAS STILL RAW! Oh, man. Even talking about it makes me feel sick. I spat the chicken out and then rinsed my mouth out with listerine. By this time, I was not feeling so hungry-- so I drove back to Sonic to get some RESTITUTION. I go in and say "I need to speak with the manager"-- and the girl points to this guy who is on the phone. This guy looks like the absolute last person I would want making my food. He just looked like a slob. So I recount the whole chicken nightmare to him and in a tone without the slightest hint of remorse he says to me "Oh, I'm sorry. I can get you something else. What do you want?" So I said "Um... I don't want anything. I just bought three meals from you and I had to come back twice. Isn't there anyway you can give me my money back?" He must not have realized how annoyed I was b/c he tried give me money back for just the chicken sandwich (which is only like $3 something) and then he got back on the phone with someone else. Arrrghh! So I waited for him to get off the phone-- and I was like "this is all your giving me back?! That chicken was RAW! I could have gotten really sick and you're just giving me $3.00 back?" And then he said that his manager was out of town so he couldn't do more than that, but then told me if I came back on Monday, I could talk to his manager. I was like "well, I'm from out of town." And he ends up saying the most he can do is give me some dessert! Oh man. That was the absolute worst customer service I have ever come in contact with. I would have been a lot less hacked if he had at least felt bad! But he didn't care in the least. I am going to try to call or write to Sonic's customer service-- maybe they'll give me some restitution. As for what I ended up eating for supper-- I got something from Taco Bell. Something without meat.

So that is my rant. Sorry it is so long, but then again, you didn't have to read it.

No comments: