Monday, November 17, 2003

Chunkage contained.

Let me tell you something, folks. You never know how stupid you can be, until you have 28 pieces of gum in your mouth.

On Saturday night, Jeremy and I went over to my old duplex where some of our friends were hanging out. Shortly after we arrived, my friend's fiance told me that he had earlier put 10 pieces of Super Bubble gum in his mouth. With what was meant to be mere friendly banter, I said "Man, my mouth is so big, I could probably fit a lot more than 10 in there." The next thing I know, his fiance was counting his wrappers and Jeremy was counting my wrappers. See, when I agreed to this competition, I was thinking "Yeah, I can fit a bunch of gum in mouth," but I didn't really think of all the sugar that was attached. So by the time I got to about Super Bubble #20, I was feeling pretty sick. But I could not let him win. I would not let him win. Trust me. He's just one of those guys you don't want to lose to. You know the type. Anyhow, everyone was expecting me to lose b/c I looked so sick and my opponent looked like he was only on #5. Then all of a sudden he forfeited and went home because he felt so sick. At this point I was feeling pretty good about myself. I had won. Then I realized that I just won at being an idiot. After about fifteen minutes, I was feeling pretty sick as well, and had to get Jeremy to take me home. I didn't throw up, and that's the important thing... I guess.

No comments: