Saturday, March 01, 2008

Eat it, sucker!

Kudos to Hannah who bought me this book for Christmas. She knew that Jack was a very picky eater and she thought it may help me out. Basically, it is a cookbook with recipes that incorporate different types of purees-- containing all sorts of healthy stuff-- carrots, spinach, blueberries, wheat germ, cauliflower...

At first I just did some pretty simple stuff that seemed to work well enough. A puree of sweet potatoes and carrots added to boxed Macaroni and Cheese. Jack didn't blink at it-- he ate it right up. The other day I made a strawberry smoothie with avocado, which the author calls "Breakfast Ice Cream". Now Jack keeps asking for what he calls "purple ice cream." Now I've been pureeing like crazy! The other day I made double baked potatoes with cauliflower and cucumber and chicken tenders with wheat germ, carrots and sweet potatoes. And I just made the most surprisingly delicious recipe yet. Brownies with wheat germ, spinach and blueberries.

And I can just hear my little mini food processor rejoicing at his new found purpose.

All this to say a very public thank you to Hannah (... and Jordan?) for my newest recipe book. It really appeals to my sneaky nature. I plan on buying the author's other book soon.

If you're lame and don't care about my sneaky cooking, maybe these new pictures of sweet little Evie will appease you:





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so excited about yall loving the cookbook! it makes me so happy!

Silverthornes said...

when you come down, you will have to make us the "Purple Ice Cream" - it sounds interesting and delicious. That is awesome!

Amber Lee said...

Ok, so you are going to have to send me the brownie recipe. Is this stuff easy to make? I am not that talented in the kitchen department.

DREW! said...

Thanks for including the pictures as this post was not a total waste of my time.

Amy Butler said...

You're welcome?

Mrs. Sweet Line said...

I wanna be a Sneaky Chef, too! Heck, I need those recipes for Jon and me, let alone our future chillin's... Love Evie's gum-smacking and Jacko's precious hand-holding prayers!

DREW! said...

I didn't mean any disrespect; in fact, I was actually attempting to mask the fact of how much I enjoy reading about culinary planning/recipes.

I was trying to respond per your quote: "If you're lame and don't care about my sneaky cooking, maybe these new pictures of sweet little Evie will appease you:

That is all.

Amy Butler said...

I think I know you well enough to not get my feelings hurt by that. I thought it was funny.

DREW! said...

Your enigmatic use of the question mark [?] in the reply "You're welcome" made me think my sarcasm was overlooked. I did not mean to over analyze your punctuational choices.

I should never second guess you.

Amy Butler said...

Question marks are funny.