Saturday, May 26, 2007

Keep them monkeys movin'...



Jeremy and I are pretty big fans of Taco John's, a fast food restaurant that we first discovered here in Casper. I'm not sure why, but they don't show commercials for Taco John's here. So, the first time I heard of Whiplash the Cowboy Monkey, it was from this paper bag that Jack's kid's meal came in. Jeremy and I were thoroughly amused. As I just sat down to blog about Whiplash, I googled the little guy to see what I could find. I'm a little sad but also a little delighted to find that Whiplash the Cowboy Monkey isn't just some random thought for a mascot, but an actual dog-riding cowboy monkey!





(You'd be surprised how depressing it is to see "West-Mex" where it would otherwise say "Tex-Mex.")

4 comments:

DREW! said...

I sure hope those are refried beans on those burritos...

Trent said...

Potato Oles...

Interesting to see how they incorporate those in almost all of the dishes.

Isn't it just a hash brown? It looks like the kind you get from Chic-Fil-A... I know because I'm always picking them up off the floorboard of my car.

Amy, please explain how a simple hash brown can be "World Famous". Are they better than a normal has brown?

I'm probably thinking about this WAY to much...

jasien said...

I can't tell who looks more frightened the monkey or the dog.

Jeremy said...

Man, Potato Oles is good eatin'. Yeah, they're pretty much just tater tots with some "west-mex" seasoning, but dip em in some nacho cheese... baby, you got a stew going!