Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Quest for Charlie

One thing that is good about the baby taking his sweet time, is that we had more time to procure a vehicle that he too could fit in. We had been sporting these wheels but now we are sporting these.
The first thing you may have noticed is that they are the same color. Jeremy and I are very much boring black/gray color type people. Both times it just seemed that the red vehicles were the best deals.

A lot of people seem to have this odd association with mini-vans. Like owning a mini-van means you are old, or lame, or old and lame. But to me it just means that our family finally got big enough so that a mini-van was actually a necessity. I like the way it looks, and I like the way it drives. It seems so much lower to the ground than the Jeep that it really feels more like driving a car. Jeremy just bought this yesterday, and I am really happy with it. So, I may look like a soccer mom (or a mom with a soccer ball under her shirt,) but I don't feel like one, and that is really what is important... I guess.

Well, I guess that's all. Obviously no baby yet. Now that I'm past the due date, I feel rather like a ticking time bomb.

Birth-day guesses that are still in it for the big prize:

Andrew- January 13th
Anna- January 14th
Andrea- January 15th
Hannah- January 16th

I'm still taking guesses... so don't be shy. You could be the winner of a grand prize... or something really stupid. Curiosity should be enough to entice you.

4 comments:

Silverthornes said...

yes, I still believe I will win this one. I think the winner should get to hold Charlie first!! (well, after you and Jeremy of course :)

AnnaJ said...

Thanks for the update and how sweet of Charlie for giving you extra time to get ready for him :O)

I admit that I had sworn to never own a mini-van... and then I drove one. LOVED IT! I think you are just going to eat it up and I am SO happy your family is finally big enough to warrant one.

Now, a 10 Passenger Van you may eventually have to sell me on ;)

Love you!

AnnaJ said...

OH! And I'm in for the 14th :O)

Amy Butler said...

Ha! Lord, I hope I don't ever have a family big enough to warrant a 10 passenger van! Of course, by then I'd be so insane that I wouldn't care what I was driving. I'll add your prediction to my blog. I think you've got a really good shot with that date.