Thursday, July 20, 2006

He left us! He left us!!

Jack has started his separation anxiety phase. He'll wake up a several times at night crying. It's really quite sad. Since we don't really know anyone here in Brighton that we can leave Jack with (except for the church nursery), I'm getting concerned that he will get much too attached and will not want to be left alone with anyone else. I have been around him constantly lately, except for the couple of times I have gotten groceries while Jeremy stayed with him. When I am away from him, I feel very weird, like I should be taking care of him, but he's not there for me to take care of. For instance, when we're in the the car, I frequently check the backseat mirror to see if he's ok. The two times I've been in the car without him since we've been here, I kept checking that mirror, and it felt very wrong that he was not in his seat. It's like walking around without my arm, or something. I may not be feeling separation anxiety, but I am definitely feeling separation confusion. Anyhow, it's kind of frustrating that he keeps waking up through the night crying, but on the other hand, it makes me feel like the most important person in the world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the craziest picture!!!!

We will test that anxiety next weekend and see if you can be gone long without Jack!!

DREW! said...

That's no excuse for separation rudeness.

Jeremy said...

That picture is equal parts hilarious and disturbing. He looks like a stinkin' six year-old. It kinda freaks me out.