Thursday, April 13, 2006

Spherical, but quite pointy at parts.


Jack is 6 months old!

Here are some stats for your reading pleasure:

Weight: 19 lb 3 3/4 oz
Length: 27 inches
Head: 47 1/2 cm
Teeth count: 8

For his weight and length, he has gone down to the 75th percentile... but his head is in the 98th percentile. Jeremy and I got quite a kick out of that. Jeremy and I both have big noggins, so we weren't entirely surprised, but 98th percentile? Impressive. It's pretty weird because right after Jack's appointment, Jeremy and I went home and watched a Scrubs episode where Dr. Cox is comparing his son (also named "Jack") with his friends son, and it's almost creepy what they were talking about seeing as how it was just after our appointment. See for yourself.

Ron: You know, uh, Nathan is actually in the 90th percentile in height.

Dr. Cox: Jack's only in the 85th.

Ron: Aw.

Dr. Cox: Of course, he's in the 99th for head size.

Ron: Congratulations. Your son's the Hamburglar.

Dr. Cox: Head size is directly related to intelligence.

Ron: [Eying Jack uncertainly] Really?

While young Nathan builds a tower with the blocks, Jack sits with the bucket on his head.



I looked over at Jeremy and said "Oh no! Jack's the Hamburglar!" I thought it was funny until Jeremy pointed out that the Hamburglar doesn't particularly have a large head. It's big, but I was thinking he had a hamburger for a head. Does anyone know who the hamburger head was? Anyhow, I suspect that the Scrubs' writers were thinking of the same guy.

When searching for a picture of the hamburger head man, I came across some other McDonalds pictures, and decided to post them.

Parents, don't let this happen to your kid. It starts with this.

5 comments:

bsilverthorne said...

They were thinking of Mayor McCheese!

Jeremy said...

Ah, the mayor, of course! I should've remembered sooner. Well, I can only hope our son will follow in the footsteps of his head-double here and seek a career in fast-food politics.

Also, is that a sesame-seed boob in that last picture you linked? Hmmmmmm. The only reason I think it might be an actual bun and nothing more is because Bryan made no quasi off-color remark about it.

bsilverthorne said...

What? Like I needed to say that the baby was sucking on a pickle nipple. And, I have it on good authority that it was the Hamburglar that shoplifted Birdie-the-Early-Birds' punani nani to produce this cute little teat suckling offspring. He is a smooth talking criminal. I guess the Early-Bird did get the worm. I just figured it was obvious. To bad the baby can't feed for long, because mommy gets soggy. Mmmmmmm.....soggy.

Amy Butler said...

Oh

my

gosh.

Thanks a LOT, Jeremy, for bringing this to his attention.

Anonymous said...

Yeah it's mayor mccheese. I was just googling the quote because i realized the other day that the line from scrubs was wrong too. I'm glad others have realized it too.