Saturday, April 29, 2006

May contain monkey hair.

I just got back from my Longview/Tyler trip. What should have been a 3 and 1/2 hour drive took me 5 and 1/2 hours. Great fun! To make matters worse, my lips were chapped and burning very badly. I decided that whenever Jack woke up, I would stop and get gas, Lip Medex, and some food. I ended up stopping at a little gas station outside of Lufkin. I went to the counter where a careless looking teenage girl was working.

"Do you guys have Lip Medex, or some sort of lip balm?"

"Um..." looks around behind the counter, "um....." picks up a small box, opens it up, looks at it quizzically, "we have this?"



From where I was standing it looked like it could have been a Burt's Bees product, so I said "Uh, yeah, I guess that's fine." My lips were hurting very badly, and I was in no mood to be picky.

Shortly after leaving I busted out the "balm." It smells a little too much like Icy Hot...ouch.... ouch! ....OUCH!! Must get this off of my lips!!! OH, it burns!!! I quickly grab Jack's blanket, the closest thing to me, and start rubbing like mad, trying to get this mysterious stuff off my lips. I don't know if it's possible, but my lips seemed more chapped than before I used the stuff.

Well, when I got home, I was telling Jeremy this story and showed him the "balm." I was showing him because I found it very amusing that the product had a picture of a monkey holding a peach as an emblem, and the name of the product is "White Monkey Holding Peach Balm." All the writing on the box is what I can only assume is Thai, since it is manufactured by "Monkey Holding Peach Brand Co", which is in Bangkok.

When laughing with Jeremy about this, I realized there were directions folded up inside the box:



I'm an idiot.

"For the relief of minor muscular aches and pains, insect bites, and sprain.... do not apply to irritated skin..."

You win this round, White Monkey Holding Peach!!!

2 comments:

bsilverthorne said...

For once.....I am speechless.
I got nothin'.
Nada.
Zip.
Zilch.
At least it does not contain chopped up bunny.
Hopefully.
Smashed bunny guts on your lips would be a bit weird.
Although a gas station would be a likely point of distribution.

DREW! said...

Avoid getting in eyes or on mucous membranes.

These are the two most common places for a person to misapply balms and ointments.

I think you know what to get me for my next birthday.

Seriously.