Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Curiouser and curiouser.

Last night, as Jeremy and I were about to go to sleep, Jeremy said "Welp, I guess I'll see you in my dreams" to which he added "you'll probably be wearing a blue hat and a red shirt and a blue skirt, probably" (because he was tired and that is the sort of thing crazy people say when they're tired.) I then replied to him "You'll probably be wearing a yellow hat in my dream" to which he replied "and a monkey?" to which I replied "yes, and his name will be... " to which he interrupted "George."

Well, that wasn't as pointless as it seems. After I thought about that I thought "why did people call george's owner "the man with the yellow hat?" Did they not realize he was all dressed in yellow? Why not "the man dressed in yellow" or "the man in yellow"? Sure, call this guy "the man with the yellow hat"

But not this guy.

2 comments:

bsilverthorne said...

Nice Blog.

DREW! said...

My spirit longs to befriend the man pictured in the top photo. He possesses a universal magnetism, does he not? Poles positively charge where e'er yellow hats and Star Trek insignias abound.