Monday, June 14, 2004

Of Grass Stains and Grace

This afternoon my brother, Andrew, called me from Alaska (he's on his honeymoon.) I was just about to leave for the store, so I just stayed on the phone with him as I went out to my car. I was walking in the front yard and Andrew was telling me a story... and all of a sudden I stepped in this little hole in the front yard. I fell hard and on my knees and one hand, and amazingly enough, I still managed to hold the phone up to my ear with my other hand. I hadn't screamed or gasped or anything like that so Drew was still talking to me. I never even told him I fell. Maybe I should have b/c I have no idea what he was telling me in that short amount of time. When I got to the car, I guess he had finished his story and I didn't know how to respond. I didn't want to say "Can you tell me all that again? I fell and couldn't pay attention to you", because HEY... he called me on his honeymoon. I don't want to go wasting his time. So all I responded with was a little "Man, that's so cool." I hope it worked. (Sorry, Drew.)

No comments: