Friday, April 30, 2004

You can take this job and restaff it

Well, after about 9 months, my career at Hanover Compression is finally coming to an end. Yes sir, this is my last week here and I'd like to take a minute and reflect on the good times. Well, there were all those times that I got to leave early... and then all those times when I got my pay checks. Well, that's about it. If there has been anything I have learned from this job is that prejudice and sexism are still very much alive in kicking in the world to day. I have also learned that certain people in my family aren't as white trash as I thought they were. Anyhow, this is my last week, and they've hired a new girl to replace me. Coincidentally, her name is Amy, she is 6'1", and has brown hair. I never knew exactly how replaceable I was until that girl walked into her interview. But, as the saying goes "don't be irreplaceable, or you will never get promoted"... or as I prefer it "be replaceable so you can quit whenever you want." Amy, from Hanover. Out.