Monday, April 19, 2004

Oh, Mr. Gallagher

I was taking care of my friend's kids the other night-- Hudson and Harper, ages 2 and 3. Before I laid Harper down for bed she picked this counting book for us to read. Well, there wasn't much reading going on. She mainly just counted stuff. That went on for some time and then it was time for bed. Well, I said a quick prayer and then asked her if she wanted to pray-- she didn't answer me but closed her eyes and said "one, two, three, four, five..." I was like "Harper, that's counting, not praying." She kept doing it, so I said, "ok, well you don't have to pray." Then she closed her eyes and said "Dear God! I pray for my mommies mommies, and my mommies mommies, and my mommies mommies and my mommies mommies and my mommies mommies and my mommies mommies, and my friends friends and for the people who don't have enough food food..." and then she muttered something that sounded like "and I pray for the cat in my yard."