Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Excuse Me While I Kiss the Sky.

I found a website that is an archive for misheard song lyrics... it's called "Kiss This Guy". Well, after reading some of these, I felt inspired to share with you all a few lyrics I have misheard over the years.

The Patty Duke Show theme song: Some of you may not even know this song, but I used to watch this show a lot as a child.
What I heard: One pair of matching booklets, different as night and day.
Reality: One pair of matching bookends.

Counting Crows "Perfect Blue Buildings."
What I heard: Sleeping perfect blue buildings
Reality: Asleep in perfect blue buildings.
--- I had emailed Jeremy and "Sleeping blue buildings" was my subject title, and in the body of the email I said "That song makes no sense. "

Blind Melon "No Rain"
What I heard: "All I can do is just pull some teeth or two."
Reality: "All I can do is just pour some tea for two."

There are plenty more where that came from. I don't understand how my brain works. If I really thought about it I would be like "that doesn't make any sense" and I might try to figure out what it really says. But I just sing those wrong lyrics as loud as I can.

No comments: