Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Smootwootfus.

Back in the day (when all we had were wood-burning cats), my friend Sara had put some baby breath on her rearview mirror, and we decided that would make a good country song. The song would go a little something like this: "Baby breath, on my rearview mirr-or." Sometime, if you're curious, and I don' t know why you would be... ask me to sing a bar to you. It will have to be short, as that's the only part of the song we came up with. [Dang, I ended that last sentence with a preposition. Mrs. Crabbe would be so disappointed.] Ooh! Another thing that reminds me of Sara: one time we were at my house and we saw this pill box (you know the ones that have a different slot for each day of the week: SMTWTFS........Anyhow, I saw it and I read it as Smootwootfus. It's really quite fun. I think we should all refer to our weeks as "Smootwootfus's." I guess if it were plural we could say "Smoothwootfi." Observe.

"Man, this has been the LONGEST smootwootfus ever. "

or

"Ooh, only two smootwootfi till 2004!"

You may be asking yourself "why would we use such a long word in place of a word that is already very short?"

The answer: I don't know.

No comments: