Wednesday, December 31, 2003

The more I think about it, the more I appreciate the equator.

Well, Happy New Year, everyone. Just think. Tomorrow you will be writing -04 on everything instead of -03. It's odd b/c it doesn't seem at all strange to me that tomorrow will be 2004. Usually it's seems like a huge deal. "Oh my gosh! Can you believe it's 1995?" [For some reason I remember the 1995 New Year pretty well. Who knows why.] But then I lived through the mother of all New Years. Y2K, baby. I mean, not only was it the turn of the century (and millions of people had begun storing up for.... whatever,) but it was a new millennium. We went from having to change the last two digits of our date, to changing the last FOUR digits. After living through that, it's amazing I even celebrate New Years.

Well, I'm going to Tyler this weekend, so I guess this is it until next Monday. All of us here at Hello Please, by which I mean myself, wish you and yours a very safe and pleasant New Year, and may all your New Year resolutions be attainable.

Amy's New Year Resolutions:

1. Come back to College Station
2. Write more blogs
3. Write more interesting blogs.
4. Write Thank You notes for my wedding presents (d'oh!)
5. Have a child [just kidding, Jeremy. Or am I?]

P.S. If you only see one film the rest of your life it should be "Jungle to Jungle". But if you see two, then the second one should be "Return of the King."

No comments: