Friday, October 24, 2003

We don't need no stinkin' batteries.

I went to Toys R Us yesterday (where's the backward R on this keyboard?) Yeah, I went to get presents for Sara and Gus Jr. Anyhoo, I don't think it was such a wise idea for me to go. Looking at all of those cute little baby outfits-- geez. I almost picked out some stuff for future "Butlets." Yipes. It's ok, though. Jeremy slapped some sense into me when I got home. "You just keep taking your pills, little lady." (He didn't really slap me.)

Ok, but that wasn't what I wanted to tell you about my trip to Toy's R Us (There's not a backward R on this keyboard.) When I was checking out the lady goes "would you like to get some batteries with this?" I started thinking "did I get something that requires batteries?" Then I realized I hadn't and I said "um, no." And THEN she said "would you like to pre-order Nemo" (Is that what the "cool" people call it?) and I was like "uh......no." This could have gone on for quite a while, because as you may know, Toys R Us (Why isn't there a backward R on this computer?!) has a lot of products in their store-- luckily I cut her off there with a "May I have a gift receipt?" Nice. She was a strange bird. I should have thought something was up with her when I asked her how she was doing and she replied "Bright-eyed and bushy tailed." Who says that? Honestly. A battery pusher. That's who.

No comments: