Thursday, March 25, 2010

"These are little known facts that now you know!!"

How interesting you find this post will be pretty proportional to how familiar you are with Jack's nickname: "Jackamo." I made a reference to this in a flickr title and it made me want to write a blog post about it.

For whatever reason, Jeremy and I watched the 2005 Kentucky Derby (I was pregnant with Jack at the time.) Well, it ended up being a pretty crazy race and was talked about a lot on ESPN the following week. I will post the video here, and you can watch it if you like-- or you can just skip to the end. Or you don't have to watch it at all. What do I care? The point is that for no particular reason, this is where Jack's nickname comes from. He was Jackamo before he was born.



And you haven't heard cute until you've heard Evie call her big brother 'Jackamo', which she does most of the time.

3 comments:

bsilverthorne said...

Wow. This is an etymological treasure!
Make sure and get a copy of that video onto your Drobo, in the family archive for safe keeping.

Mrs. Sweet Line said...

This I did not know. You mean "Phil" didn't stick? ;)

Amy Butler said...

It stuck with Jon, and that's all that matters!