Thursday, November 09, 2006

When I was 17, I drove a very good car.



Ugh. I can't believe we have to sell the Prelude. I don't want some random dude driving it! It's MY car. Oh man. Selling this car is a very difficult thing for me to do. Since I was 17 years old (dang, I had actually just turned 18, I just really wanted to use that lyric for the title), this car has been nothing but dependable. I've never had any problems with it. Even after countless trips between Bartlesville, OK and Texas, and many notable roadtrips (Wisconsin, a month long trip to the East Coast, California, etc.) The ol' Lude is now up to 136,050 miles on the odometer.

Anyhow, it's been such a good car, and carries seven years of many memories and stories, that I couldn't NOT blog about it.

I'm gonna miss you, Lude.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Don't do it Amy!!! That is your trademark....your prelude!

Silverthornes said...

Man, I have a lot of good and embarrassing (stalling out) memories in that vehicle! Some of my fondest memories are riding back and forth from BWC in it, and riding in the back most of the way to WI.
"So long lude, it's been quite a ride!"

DREW! said...

I too have many fond memories of the 'Lude. Remember that time when Crissy, Missy, Ben Hunter and I came to visit you guys in Bartlesville? We somehow came up with the random idea to switch cars (you took the Alero) and the four of us drove back in the Prelude. Man, my legs hurt after that trip. What I'll mainly remember is the laughter.