Friday, March 13, 2009

Au contraire, 'Etagere.

Thanks to my mother-in-law for educating my mind this past weekend. I had never heard the word "'Etagere" before, but apparently it is another word for bookshelf. And so I post it here for all of you readers, to add another word to your vocabulary, if it wasn't there already.

We had a great time (as always) with Jeremy's family. Jeremy had training in Spring on Tuesday, so we used it as an excuse for a long weekend... a really long weekend because we added two days to Jeremy's days off. We were able to spend five days in Texas! Very nice. And since I am a complete doofus, I forgot to take pictures while we were there. Maybe I have some on my camera or my phone. I'll have to check on that. Anyhow, it was very delightul (it is extremely difficult typing the letter F on this laptop, so forgive me for any F related typos.) As I was saying it was very delightul, except or the last day. Little Evie got pretty sick (high fever, vomiting, some sort o mini-seizure...) No bueno. So we drove back home and she has been eeling much better. Now we are all ive o us dealing with colds.

On the way back from Kingwood, Jeremy got to experience an embarrassing parenting moment. We stopped at a gas station to use the restroom and Jeremy took Jack to the men's room. While Jack was using the restroom, a man came in and occupied the stall next to them. When he sat down, Jack, upon seeing the man's shoes said "who's that, Daddy?" (Mind you, Jack only recently became a potty-trained citizen so using a public restroom is a bit foreign to him.) Jeremy said "That's a guy." Jack said "Is he using the bathroom?" Jeremy tried not to laugh and said "yes." Soon after that, I guess the man started really taking care of some "business." Jack said "Is he tooting?" And before Jeremy could say anything Jack said "he's tooting really loud!"

Sorry, I don't mean to turn my blog into one of those humor sections from Reader's Digest. I just find some of these situations too amusing not to share.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh the jack in the bathroom story had us cracking up!

AnnaJ said...

LOL!!!! LOVE it!!!

jasien said...

Amy! I love reading this stuff. It's gold I tell you, Gold! Makes me wonder what Henry is going to do. Ah, I can't wait.

Amy Butler said...

Yep, before too long I'll be reading crazy stuff like this on your blog! (Give 'em hell, Henry!)