Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tidings of Comfort and Joy

When sitting here thinking about what to type, the first thing that comes to mind is "oh my goodness."

I feel overwhelmed when I try to think of all the things that should be included in this blog. But really, I just feel overwhelmed in general. Our life has been a crazy train this past month. We have moved away from Wyoming and are now somewhat settled in our new house in Bossier City, Louisiana. The settling process is quite slow going as I am so busy with Jack and Evie and I am very waddly and tired. Jeremy has also been very busy and tired (not so waddly.) He very often wakes up at 3 or so in the morning to go on jobs and usually gets home around 5:30. This usually means that he and I are very ready to go to bed at 9.

So the baby's due date is January 9th. I feel as though I'm going to just go into labor one day and not know what the heck is going on. I have not done anything in preparation for the baby being here. And I'm not just saying that. I've yet to retrieve his clothes from my sister, so of course I haven't washed them. I don't have his little bassinet set up, I don't have any diapers bought (well, I have PLENTY of diapers, just none of them are his size. At least I pray that he won't be born wearing a size 3.) I went to my doctor's appointment the other day and was alarmed when they told me I was actually dilated a little already. That's not what I was expecting to hear and although I was very happy when they told me, I later realized that that only meant that I was more likely to have him before his due date. Based on my other deliveries, I really was counting on him being late. I guess I should get on the ball. Maybe all the house decorating/organizing and the Christmas present shopping/wrapping will just have to wait this week. Maybe I should focus on the little guy that is presently jolting my stomach around quite violently.

All of this and I feel as though I am only talking about how overwhelmed I am. But really what I have been feeling more than that is overjoyed. We have already had several opportunities to see our family and friends. I have always been blessed with wonderful families, but now I am even more blessed to get to seem them virtually whenever I want. It's so wonderful that I can't express how happy I am, but that's mainly because I can't believe it. After having lived away from home and feeling so lonely on so many occasions, and having the kids being so far away from all of our family....oh. It's just too much to express, so I won't try.

I have many other things to say, but I am uncomfortable and tired and I gotta pee.

4 comments:

AnnaJ said...

I am totally crying over here... missing you so much, wishing I was there to do everything for you, and knowing how much being home means to you. Yep, officially really crying now. I am so happy for you friend :) I love you!

Amber Lee said...

I am so glad you are blogging again! Now I can be "in the know"! Have a Merry Christmas!

jasien said...

I know Bekah and I are really glad you are closer. We now have a fighting chance to get to see you every now and then.

DREW! said...

This blog post is revolutionary. I think every time you post, you should simply write until you have to go pee. Then sign off indicating such.