Thursday, January 18, 2007

A full-blown case of the crazies.

I just spent 30 minutes looking for a sippy cup that I had just put in the dishwasher five minutes before I started looking for it.

Jack has a bad tendency of putting his sippy cups in random places: laundry baskets, cabinets, partially unpacked boxes. And the sly litte fellow only seems to hide his sippy cups when they have milk in them. This makes for a particularly unpleasant find. So this time I was determined to find it before the milk went bad, and I guess I did-- 40 minutes ago.

Fortunately, my pregnancy craziness hasn't caused me to do anything that would harm Jack in any way. There was the time when it was really cold outside ("it's cold out there everyday. What is this, Miami Beach? Not hardly") and I put him in his carseat really quickly-- when I got in the driver's seat, I looked back at him and realized I hadn't buckled him in to his carseat. It is fortunate that I am a fairly protective mother, because I do look back at him quite frequently, and in this case, I hadn't even left the parking lot yet.

I hope I'm not startling you. I promise to keep him safe, you can count on me.

Speaking of which, I should probably go see what he's doing right now. Oh, right. He's taking a nap.

3 comments:

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jason said...

Don't sweat it. I forget to strap my girls in at least 20 % of the time. Lucky for them they're old enough to remind me.

By the way, when are you due? (I initially asked, "when are you guys switching to zone defense," but i later realized that technically, you'll be switching from a double team to a straight up man-to-man. Zone is when your kids have numbers on you.)

Amy Butler said...

I'm due the day before my birthday.

It's fun to tell people this because a lot of them don't know when my birthday is so they just go "Ohhhh.." real unsure like. I'll save you the trouble. My birthday is June 18th, so the baby's due date is June 17th.

And who knows... maybe we are switching to zone. We shall see soon enough.