Tuesday, August 23, 2005

You'll have to speak up, my phone's in the toilet.

I know that it generally isn't a good idea to talk on the phone while you're in the restroom, but in my defense, I wasn't talking... I was just looking at something on my phone... while I was peeing. Not a crime. I'm sure lots of well respected people have done it before. Don't act like you haven't. (You haven't?! D'oh.) Well, I have-- and for the last time, as of yesterday (well, hopefully the last time.)

I dropped my phone into the toilet. I really wish I had photographic evidence of this for my blog, but, well, my camera phone was in the toilet. What's even more amazing than a grown adult dropping her phone in the toilet is the fact that it still works. I can barely hear it when it rings*, but it still works. You know, Samsung should really use my story as a testimonial to how durable their phones are. I have dropped that phone more times than I can count, and now it has been in the crapper, and it STILL works. Maybe Sprint could even advertise it as the "Pee CS phone." (I kill my head.)

Remember: Think twice before you ask to borrow Amy's cell phone, because you DO know where it has been.

Sorry about the grossness of this blog.

*I can now hear it completely fine when it rings.

2 comments:

DREW! said...

While I agree that this story is, indeed, a dark and disturbing one, I think we are all grateful it was only "Pee-C-S," and not...well--you know.

Your spirited testimonial has given me an idea and, without doing a *tiny iota* of research, I shall rush into production of the first "Phone Diaper."

"Snuggies," I shall call them. For the unnamed masses, such as yourself, one may affix the diaper around the phone to collect any hidden qualities the phone may possess, which would--no doubt--be expelled when the phone rings.

Furthermore, this is an excellent idea because, even though your days of dropping the phone in the toilet are through, baby season is upon us--and I'm wondering how many of us will accidentally drop a phone into a dirty diaper. Think about that in your third trimester.

P.S. Samsung sucks! Sanyo rules!

Jeremy said...

RE: Samsung sucks! Sanyo rules!

We have conclusive evidence that Samsung makes their phones urine-submersible. Can Sanyo make that claim? Do you trust your phone enough to test it? I think the real winner here is clear.